Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Meet the homeowners!

It's official-Jeff and I are now homeowners! (Or at least severely indebted to Wells Fargo.) Everything went super-smooth and the whole entire process only went from June 29-July 24. We were incredibly blessed with all the right help and connections. We are very grateful. Our little place is perfect for us and we have absolutely loved being there. (Especially being out of the 3rd floor, 500 sq ft apartment.) We got a lot of help with moving and cleaning from our families and a few friends. Thanks guys! (I don't have any good pictures yet, as we still haven't had time to get batteries for the camera.) This is one poor view from our inspection report. I promise it's cuter in person.

With all the closing details and moving amidst Pioneer Day events, we have been pretty unbelievably busy and you guessed it-exhausted. It has been literally inpossible for me to get enough rest formy body and the baby. I've started looking into my liberties of taking days off. I don't really have any in my contract, but if I'm sick, I'm sick, right? I'm down to the last week and a half of my internship. I've enjoyed it, but its end will be a huge relief for me. It's about all I can make myself do in the day. The ambiguous deadline for my capstone project also looms very very close, and I'm not much closer than, say, a month ago. Eesh. That will actually be the number 1 stress reliever, getting that off of my hands. Hopefully soon. (It's just so hard when all you want to do is set up house, prepare for baby and sleep!)

I'm one week away from trimester #3, which makes me happy and sad. Happy cause we're getting closer to being done. Sad because I know I will only get more worn out. I really just need to quit focusing on it and just focus on my project right now. :)
Jeff's plugging away in the Academy, loving every second. Well, most every second. Some classes sound much more exciting than some others. He's been kicking butt on tests, usually in the 93-100 range, as well as mastering physical training. He also loves defensive tactics and says he's good at it. :) We think he will be undergoing his pepper-spraying the day we want to leave for our short honeymoon trip. That will be exciting, since the after-effects last for dozens of hours, and he has to do all the driving! We're going to Denver for the last weekend in August-its still away, but not too far for my poor pregnant body. We're pretty excited, we really enjoy just getting away, no matter the place.
Finally, only 3 days until my birthday! Normally, I would have had a 3-month-by-the-day countdown or something going on, but I've been so preoccupied lately, I barely got in 2 weeks of counting down! I'm pretty excited. I'm debating taking the day off, and Jeff and I are going to the Melting Pot that night. I can't wait! I've been dying to eat there for years! Not much else is going on this weekend. Hollah!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Nikkikkin and hubby, things sound wonderful for you guys. Happy birthday before too long, and I hope your "honeymoon" trip is relaxing and enjoyable. Sorry it took me so long to respond to your comment on my blog, we've been crazy busy. I get home August 12, which happens to be 2 weeks from today.

And congrats on the house! I don't know if you guys also have accounts at WF, but did you know that you get some for free? What I mean is that with a mortgage, you get a checking and savings account that normally cost $12 and $10 per month to have. The interest is nothing to speak of, but you get free Bill Pay, free books of Wells Fargo checks, and free money orders from branches.

Nikki (and Crew!) said...

Haha-are you still on commission with WF or something? Actually, I've had an account with them for about 3 years already-I'm all over it! Thanks for checking in on my financial welfare. :)

Wow-you're almost done, too? Time flies.... I'M ALMOST 25!!!!!!!! AUGH!

Nicolette said...

Hey Nikki it's Nicolette. Remember forever ago I told you I found your blog via Heather & Marks...
Well, I am so happy for you guys with the new home and baby on the way. That is a lot of excitment right there. Congrats!

Oh and btw I know all too well the ups and downs of the police academy. My husband went threw that a few years ago. He graduated then was in the field training then eventually decided to leave.. long story. The peper spray is a pretty intense experience. My husband has video of his. It turns any manly man into a well... not so manly man:p

Unknown said...

Ah, but my question is if you have the accounts that get you that free stuff. Cause Free Checking and even the one above that don't! I'm not on commission at the moment...but as I just got my job back, I will be! Although upgrading accounts doesn't do me any good, and I figured you already had some.