Tuesday, September 22, 2009

It's a...

GIRL! It's no longer a brister, it's a sister!



I'd wanted to let you all decipher the ultrasound and figure out for yourselves, but as we were getting ready to go, the ultrasound tech said "Oops! I didn't print a picture of her bum!" Oh well.

The ultrasound went well today, they checked just about everything under the sun, and everything looks good and normal. Her measurements are also right on track. (This was the same with Amelie-I wonder when she started being small?)

At the moment, we're pretty sure she will be Alisa Danielle North. (Like A Lisa, not Alyssa. My sister thinks we should spell it Aleissa so people don't call her Alyssa, but I want a simple spelling. What do you think?) Alisa comes from Jeff's great grandma, Alice-we wanted to incorporate her, but weren't in love with the name Alice. Danielle comes from Jeffrey Daniel, of course! I never thought I'd be a naming-after kinda person, but we're laying them on pretty heavily so far! With some liberties, of course.

Anyway, we are very pleased it is a girl, since she and Amelie will be so close. they can be BFF and I won't even have to clean out the spare room! Yet. :)

4 comments:

The Miller Family said...

Congrats on your girl!!! I think Alisa is pretty! We've done the name-after thing with both our boys, and for the other two boys names we have. But our girls (except for one) for some reason will all be uniquely named, lol. Anyway, congrats again, and you're right...they will totally be BFF!

The Holders said...

Congrats!! That is so exciting. Her and Amie will be so close and that will be so fun for them. I am happy for you guys!

Ashley Dawn said...

I'd go phonetic. Aleesa might work too. I don't know. But no one will say the name right....believe me, I've made that mistake. Congrats on the girl!! I LOVE having lots of girls around. It's just the best way to start!

Heather said...

Congrats. That will be fun to have two girls so close together. They will be great friends. Also, I don't think people will say it Alyssa. It is obviously A-Lisa - I have a friend that it's spelled Elisa and sounds close to the same. Very pretty though.