Friday, November 4, 2011

Halloween!

This year was another year where we managed to pack in so much Halloween celebration that I was ready for it to be over when the actual day rolled around. (I decided to ditch half the parties next year... I was way too tired for that to be worth it again.) You've heard already about the Witch weekend we did, and here are all of the rest of the festivities:

Thursday 27th: Witchapalooza!
There is a witchy dinner show that they put on at Gardner Village, I went with all the ladies of Jeff's family (Grandmas Barbie and Lola, aunts Sheri and Tonya, cousins Marcie, Kaycee, Lindsee, Taycee, and Steph and Chris.) It was hilarious! I really enjoyed the Taming of the Brew. (And I think I was the only one who enjoyed my entire dinner of roast beef, potatoes, broccoli, carrots and some pumpkiny dessert. Lots of picky eaters in Jeff's family! (Luckily not Jeff... as much.)


Saturday 29th:
This was the looooong day that really did me in. Alisa was her best post-haircut Rapunzel, and I braided Amelie's hair the night before so she would be the perfect Mother Gothel. We started out the morning at Gallivan Plaza, where they do a Trick or Treat, plus activities. We got some candy, decorated cookies, pet a bunny (who bit my shoe,) llama, sheep and some kinda mini donkey, and even got a free pony ride! Alisa was not having it and wouldn't get on, but Amelie had a blast, not to mention she looked adorable with her cloak all spread out behind her.

From there, dad had to go to work, then I took the girls to Discovery Gateway (I really wanted to check it out this year while we have a membership.) They have a great party, where they girls got more prizes than candy, played games, did the hay maze and saw a puppet show - There's a Monster in my Bathtub. They loved it! But I could totally tell it was naptime after that, so we loaded into the car.
The girls slept while we drove to meet my parents and sister at a park in Eagle Mountain where they were doing Trick or Treat and a haunted house, etc. We went around for more candy, bought balloon animals and went through a very rudimentary haunted house. (Amelie had insisted, but wouldn't move once she was in! I had to carry both girls out.) We went to my mom's after that for dinner, where I just vegged (I had had quite enough of pushing the stroller for that day... and we even skipped one of the places I wanted to go!)

Sunday 30th: Poynor Family Party!
Every year, Jeff's mom's family has a big Halloween party, and this year we were lucky enough to have it close to us. Amelie had been really sick through some of the festivities, and when we pulled up to the party, she just asked to lay down and sleep, so I let her. She eventually got up but I don't think she made it into any of the pictures! We had looooots of treats, played some minute-to-win-it games (I TOtally won mine!,) pumpkin bowled and had lots of fun. Here's Jeff's and my stellar costume:
Heh? Heh?
Everyone costumed (except Amie, of course, napping.)
Jeff may or may not have lost... badly...
Uh... my face...
Purty!

Getting ready to whack the pinata!


Monday 30th: Trick or Treating in Eagle Mountain
We decided to go to my mom's again this year, as it's quite the kid-friendly neighborhood, plus it's about the only time during Halloween they get to see their Radcliffe cousins. The four of us went down (in same costumes, except Alisa - I forgot to wash her dress after the night before, and it was out of comission! She was an angel and it was ADORABLE.) My brother in law, Jason, brought their wagon which he hooked up to their 4wheeler for a sweet kid-train. This always comes in handy when you have tiny kids trick or treating. My mom, Ricky, Jaimie, Jason, Jeff and I all took the 3 little kids around (we were quite the entourage.) It wasn't too cold, no rain, and a decent candy haul. I wasn't sad to cut it off, since, as you can see, they already had stashes by then. Amelie and Alisa (and Kail) are all at the cutest ages, where they are adorable at ToT-ing, just getting it and people still dote all over them. It was fun.




Hope yours was as happy as ours! Now, bring on the turkey!

No comments: