Monday, January 2, 2012

Still green for the 2011 holidays!

We celebrated Christmas sporadically with all the family members not in California. We had at least 4 or 5 other present opening sessions. (Today Amelie told me she wanted to do more presents... I think she was getting used to that fun activity!) There was my sweet new phone from Jaimie, then princesses and dvd players from grandma Chris, then trip cash from my grandma Doris. We did a random cousin present, then finally, our last gift exchanges on New Years' Eve and Day x2.
Christmas felt different this year - there was no snow anywhere to be seen (here or CA) and then being at Disneyland of course. We didn't even have lights on our Christmas tree or house this year! But, really, it was a great one and we made some great memories. We are greatly blessed and loved, as was evident in our Christmas overall - presents, activities, experiences, people.

New Year's Eve was split between our families. I wanted to spend time with my inlaws, but didn't feel up to bowling with my two girls that late at night (even if they weren't sick!) so I hung out at my family's for a bit, celebrated New York New Year with them, then met up with the Norths at my MILs house. There were loads of foods everywhere I went, and of course, I partook. (I feel kinda sick just thinking about it.) We played Clue and Yahtzee, Lise learned to blow a noise maker, while Amelie slept almost the whole time. At my inlaws, we watched Soul Surfer, Jeff joined us just a few minutes before the New Year, and Amie learned to blow the noise maker while Alisa pretty much slept the whole time. We also still had sicky girls.



I love hanging out with family, especially for special occasions. Stay tuned for our goals and hopes for this year!

No comments: