Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Vacationish

In order to keep up my license and certification as a recreation therapist, I have to attend/get continuing education units.  I was taking a look at the hours I had and realized I was probably not going to make it, so I had to attend this year's national conference, which was in Phoenix.  We had been wanting to get out of town (as always) and thought I'd still be nursing Carson, so we made a family trip of it.  We took off early in the morning (about 5) and rolled into Pheonix right about the time the first session started. (It totally snowed in the middle of the drive down!) The girls were surprisingly great on the 11.5 hr drive there.

Look at the crazy weather that weekend!
We have a couple of condos in AZ, so of course we stayed at one, since it cost us less than a single night at the hotel.  The only prob was that the closest one was an hour and 45 away.  The conference was great, I enjoyed pretty much everything I attended, and got lots of CE hours.  I feel like I only spent the rest of the time in the van, though.  Jeff troopered it out with the kids at the condo, but luckily they had a pool, kiddie pool, playground, etc. and they all enjoyed themselves.

We pulled back into home at maybe 5 or 6 am on Tuesday and had to get up a few hours later for preschool and gymnastics!  That was super fun....

No comments: