Thursday, September 18, 2008

Nothing much.

So, there really hasn't been a ton of news, but I feel the need to add to the blog since it's been a few weeks.

The biggest drama in my life right now has to do with graduation. Yeah, that was supposed to be awhile ago, right? I wanted to wait to expel all the glorious details until I was closer to resolution, but it still appears as if that may be awhile. At any rate, I hate talking about it, so here's the short version. Basically, through lack of communication (vastly not my fault) we missed the paperwork deadlines for summer graduation. I was not even aware of this until my Master's Committee Chair called me an hour and a half before the tuition and class add deadline for fall, asking if I was registered. (Apparently you must be registered for a minimum of 3 hrs in your last semester.) Let's not forget to mention that 3 hours (of nothing) would cost me $1200. Needless to say I was quite taken off guard, upset, and not to mention unable to produce $1200 in an hour. He apparently wanted me to apply then, and when I said I couldn't he said to apply for a leave of absence and do it in Spring. Also not really an option for me. After many phone calls and emails and meetings and discussion of options, I have my final meeting set for next week to sign papers, and then we appeal that my paperwork count retroactively for summer. I am so grateful this is where I am at the moment... Although there is no guarantee it'll happen. But enough about that, I don't like thinking about it.

Jeff has been getting worked to death, most of it fun, not always. He spent a week at the shooting range in Park City doing firearms, then a week at the EVO course by Camp Williams (emergancy vehicle operation??) driving cars and doing pursuits. I think it was nice for him to get a break from the classroom routine, but it's killing our gas bill! He'll now go shooting for training one day a week. Of course, they still do lots of defensive tactics, physical training and legal junk. He's now past the half-way mark, and currently graduation is set for November 26th. (Although this changes to various dates in November almost weekly.) Either way, he's only got about 8 or 9 weeks left! Then, he'll move to Field training, where he'll train with all different departments and different shifts. That should wreak havoc on his sleep schedule. :) Finally, in April (after the grand tour) he'll be off and in his own car... who knows what area or shift?

As for Amelie, she's quite the active little girl and still seems to be developing exactly according to schedule. If all keeps going well, she'll be here in under 7 weeks! I can't believe we're finally getting closer. It has seemed long, but I never thought the day would come! Her bedroom is pretty much ready for her, too. (We have been generously stocked with furniture and clothing from all sorts of sources!) We did a registry for the shower because there are so many things we don't really need. Really the things left missing are a crib mattress, high chair, diaper genie (I wish,) and bottles... diapers... a pedicure for mom... :) Just kidding. We've been really REALLY blessed to have so much come our way-if it was left all to our budget, she'd be sleeping in a drawer, wearing onesies made out of my old t-shirts!

Thanks to all who have helped us out with buying/gathering baby stuff!!
Stay tuned for some more exciting news.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It seems that luck is not on your side when it comes to bureaucratic red tape (e.g. driver's license, now graduation). Hope all goes well. Heather and I are looking forward to the big news, good luck these next 7 weeks, they seem to be the most difficult.