Thursday, December 11, 2008

Graduation and Thanksgiving!

It's been a full month since my last post, now, and you can thank my adorable daughter. I'll probably need a few posts to really catch up. Here's the first.

Jeff is now officially an officer with Salt Lake City PD. His graduation ceremony was Nov. 26th, and he is now in Field Training. (He'll be rotating through different shifts and departments for the next few months.) The Mayor spoke at the ceremony, along with Chief Burbank (whom I love!) and then I got to pin Jeff's badge on him. It was on the news a few times and in the paper-there's a great big close up picture of Jeff standing at attention during the ceremony. Afterward, we went out to lunch at Jeff's choice, Olive Garden, to celebrate. It was a good time.


Jeff's in the middle.

Our family!

With Chief Burbank and the official certificate.

The next day-Thanksgiving! We got up way too early to go down to my parents house in Eagle Mountain (so we could watch the parade that started at 9.) At my house, we always start the feasting early-this year with chocolate and peanut butter chip pancakes, bacon and eggs. YUM! It was a good thing, too, cause dinner took longer than expected. After the parade, us "kids" headed to a nearby park to have our own Turkey Bowl-ultimate frisbee style. It was super-awesome, except that there was a HEINOUS wind that day, so we only lasted til a score of 4-3 or something like that (We played girls against boys and I may or may not have gotten kinda competitive. I just cant help it!) We headed back to the house and I helped cook-something I love to do every day of the week. We put on a gorgeous spread, and the meal was aMAZing as always! That's how it goes when you come from a family of good cooks. Later in the day, my aunt Teri and her crew came down for leftovers and games, which is always a good time. We played Body Boggle-a sweet game that is kinda like Twister with words. I dominated, I can't lie.

Taking a breather after the game.

The beautiful location where we played.

The big spread!

Body Boggle-everyone should own this game. Even my mom got down on the floor with me!

Finally, of course, we watched the Holy War on that Saturday. At my house, I was outnumbered by BYU fans (my family all came over after we went to see Twilight,) but in the end it didn't matter! The Utes not only prevailed, but kicked their trash! And a note-Amie was wearing a nice red U! (I just failed to get a picture of it before she spit all over it.) GO UTES!

No comments: