Thursday, June 11, 2009

Amelie Update

Just some notes on my little beauty's progress. We haven't been to the doctor since last post, but Amie is most definitely heavier than 16 lbs. Her rear-facing car seat now tips to the side when we turn! (fatty) A little scary, but she's not technically big enough for a front-facing yet. She's a great sitter, though, and a fair size, so as soon as we get the car seat from my sister, we're going to move her up. I think she'll like it much better, though, she's quite the observer.
In fact, she's picked up some super-cute habits. The first is waving-when she sees you do it, she will too. She kinda just gives a twist of her hand that ends in the gay-man-flop. It's incredibly adorable and she gives a little smile when she does it. She's been doing that for a few months now. The other is nodding her head-this is my favorite. She can't smile or anything while she does it, she always has an intense look of concentration on her face. Usually, it's one very emphatic nod. I often catch her doing it to herself when no one's specifically interacting with her. It's not perfected, yet, though-many times we've tried to show it off, and it's hit and miss still. Lately, I see her staring in concentration when I stick out my tongue, then she'll reach to her mouth and feel for hers. I can't wait to see her do that!
Amelie has been excruciatingly close to crawling for weeks now, and I think it frustrates her the most. She will get on hands and knees every time you sit her down, and rocks back and forth. She moves backwards, sometimes, too. When she's on a hardwood floor, she'll slide around, but she just won't do it yet. What frustrates me, is that she gets tired of being on her tummy pretty quickly, but when I sit her back up... she just leans right over and gets on hands and knees again.
She's also quite the fan of pulling up on things (especially mom and dad.) She's been doing this for awhile now, too. She only had a few scary moments where she didn't know what to do, but otherwise it's all she does all day! She's not quite cruising yet, either, but she does move herself around from hand grip to hand grip, facing different places. Even though she's practically crawling, Jeff and I both think she'll pretty much skip it with how much she loves standing, etc.
She's really good now at holding her own bottle, grabbing little snacks, and she LOVES every kind of solid food and cup. Don't think it will be any problem weaning her off of the bottle.
That's really about it, though obviously, I could talk all day about her. She's almost 8 months now, and the joy of our lives!

And... I was going to add some adorable pictures of Amie here, but our camera is totally MIA at the moment, so... later?

1 comment:

Ashley Dawn said...

Wow, it's so much fun to see what other babies are doing around the same age. Jaymeson is totally crawling around (well, army crawling) and climbing up on things. He's everywhere and he's even going up stairs. He doesn't wave or do any other fun tricks though. Boys really are SO different. I'm so glad we've done this blog exchange. You'll have to check mine out too!