Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Camera-less update

I've been wanting to post about lots of things, but have been waiting on my camera. I finally accepted the fact that it's never going to wake up again. I'll have to put my memory card in someone else's to retrieve the pictures... Until then, here's a little bit about what's been going on for us.

Jeff hurt his knee playing basketball some weeks ago. It never got better, so he went in to see a GP, who told him he thought the meniscus (sp?) was torn. If it wasn't better after a week and his instructions, he'd need to see an orthopedist. Well, before even a week, Jeff called back for a referral, cause it got worse still. At the ortho, the x-rays showed that Jeff's knee cap lives off to the side where it rubs directly on the bone. This is good and bad because A) he only needs physical therapy and not surgery, yay! but B)it's started a small bone spur, bleh. So, he's been going to PT for a few weeks now and has a follow up in 2 weeks or so. Here's hoping! Jeff doesn't love the PT-including shock therapy-but is psyched cause he hates light duty at work AND needs to keep his vaca for when we have the baby.

As for me, I've been doing lots of shopping and crafting to get ready for Christmas. We're pretty much done with everyone for Christmas, except we haven't gotten anything for Amie yet! Next paycheck. (This whole PT twice a week thing set back out budget a bit.) I've also been making things, but I won't say what, cause chances are one of them is for you or someone you know! No spoilers.
I'm feeling ok these days, just lots of heartburn, reflux, etc. (Yum!) I get pretty sore in funny places, too, like every single day, but I have remained faithful to my wake up, exercise, read, get ready in the morning program. Loosely faithful, anyway. I've done it every single day, but you may occasionally find me switching up the order, snoozing after a particularly late night, or only doing stretches for exercise when the soreness is too intense. I also recently went to Denver on a day trip for my father's business. Fun, but a little too non-stop. Otherwise, I just truck along in my daily routine, which will soon include watching my 2 nephews twice a week.

Amelie has turned into a little fireball. Now that she is a pro at walking, she can not sit still. Church is becoming more difficult to get through, and going to movies with her are totally out of the question. Of course, the phase does come with some adorable perks. She is the world's cutest dancer! Anytime she hears music, she shakes her booty... and I mean that literally. She shakes her little butt to the beat, and I have no idea where she got that from! She has even been awakened from a nap by a cell phone song and sits straight up, immediately dancing. So cute! Finally, my favorite new addition to her repertoire is the singing. She'll do it anytime the people around her are singing, just wah wah wahing along. She even waves her arm sometimes when we're singing hymns at church. I love that munchkin!

As for Alisa, things have been going just fine. She's growing on track, and kicking like no other! She's a wiggly little thing-maybe she'll be a dancer like Amie. Dr. Brown and I even decided to postpone going from 4 to 2 week visits one extra time, cause everything looked perfect! I certainly look bigger this time, though. (It is also hard to believe, but my weight gain is on the same track as my pregnancy with Amelie.)

And, I just have to throw this in there-I'm so excited for the upcoming holidays! Holler!

2 comments:

Ashley Dawn said...

Yay for growing babies, dancing babies and Christmas preparations! Boo, for hurt knees and heartburn. Hope things get more happy and less crazy!

The Holders said...

A little tip with your camera...i would suggest taking your memory card to one of those kiosk thingies at walmart or somewhere like that. I put my card into my sisters camera once and it needed me to format it, which i did not want to do because I would lose my pictures. Long story short I lost all of my pictures on the card (Kylee's 1st birthday). Anything I would stick it in would ask me to format it. I am not saying it would happen to yours but I am just letting you know it is possible! Sorry for the super long message!