Monday, July 12, 2010

PMAA Lagoon Day

Every year, the Policeman's Mutual Aid Association (of which Jeff is a member) does a Lagoon Day. It's pretty sweet because it's only $20 for admission, and that includes an all-you-can-eat barbecue for dinner, plus they do raffle prizes, etc. I was so excited to go, because the past two summers we went each year, but I was pregnant both years. (Even on our spring vaca, despite being non-pregnant, I just had to stay with my new baby all the time.) I've had to go and watch people for years now-finally my turn. My sister Mal came with us, but there were no other takers, so the 3 of us did the baby shuffle all day long. (I could tell Mal got pretty tired of it, but she never complained and stuck it out.) I got to go on a few big rides, finally, and there was also a travelling show, Cirque L'Orage that we stayed to see. It wasn't quite Cirque du Soliel caliber, but the same type of thing and very cool nonetheless. It was a loooooong day, and I was very glad we went and stuck it out, but I said to Jeff at the end of the night, "I wouldn't be sad if we never came back til our youngest was about 2 or 3." He agreed.

Mommy and her little two-piecers cooling down mid-day.

Aunt Mar Mar was a big help.

Amelie dancing along to one of the (not so qualitized) shows.

Climbing on the fence. Right before she let go of said fence and went straight backwards and cracked, I mean HEAR THE CRACK, her head on the pavement. Dirty looks abounded.

It makes me sad that when Alisa sees the camera, she screws up her face in intense concentration and desire to chew it, because she really has such a pretty face.

A little better. She was fairly cheerful in the hot day.


I put Amie on the boats, which she was way excited for. She was all happy til I had to leave, but by the time she was coming around full circle, she was driving and playing.

Until she spotted me!

Then when she started to pass by me, full-on scream-crying. The cycle would repeat with every lap. Again, many people stared.

No comments: