Monday, July 5, 2010

The Blaaaaaaaaaaze

The Blaze is the Utah arena football team. We especially enjoy going to the games because it's football (my fave) on a more basketball pace (Jeff's fave.) We got to go free this last week because they were honoring police officers and firefighters (and our friend is interning for the Blaze.) We were excited but a little nervous, as we've never taken the girls. As you can imagine, it was very loud, and in the evening, so the girls struggled a little. Lisie was just tired, but once we finally got her to sleep, she was no prob. Amie didn't like the noise, but she looooooved the Chick-Fil-A cows that came around (she kept pointing at them, laughing and saying "mooooo" then trying to follow them) and the free ice cream we got.

As it turns out, it wasn't the girls we needed to worry about, it was the mascot! See, it wasn't what I'd call packed at this game, so we had excellent seats, and Harley, the mascot, spent lots of time nearby in the lower bowl. For some ingenious reason, he decided he did not want to throw the Tshirts, but launch them in a cannon. But wait, you say. Wasn't everyone real close by in the lower bowl? Why yes, everyone was. Including ME, when he decided to shoot the cannon not into the air, but directly at my face. I saw it coming at the last second, but had my feet up on the chair in front of me, with the baby laying on my lap, so needless to say I did not get out of the way in time. I did, at least, turn my head away and the whistling Tshirt broad-sided my head between my cheek and ear. I saw stars and was instantly bawling from the blow. Luckily, I had smuggled in a cold Dr. Pepper and promptly put it on my face. We thought I was going to be black and blue it was so bad! I am however, still a very white pink white-faced person, my face is just tender. The people behind me were like "I guess you should get the Tshirt since it hit your face." Uh, yeah, thanks! Good times.

The offending T-shirt.

See the fat-purply-redness where it hit me?

Lisie Bear

Amie kept doing the cutest things, but my camera would never snap fast enough before she'd turn her head, so here's one with her face at least, sorry it's blurry. I think this is where she's imitating the Blaze dancers.

Papa

No comments: