Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Seaside, Oregon

This year, we decided to use our condo points over my birthday and in a place we always wanted to try-the Oregon coast (we have a lot of condos there.) We picked Seaside, reserved 5 nights and Jeff got the time off, no prob. We had a 2 sleeper unit with just the 4 of us, and it ended up being perfect, since we also had the couch and the pack-n-play. (Though I think we'll need at least 4-sleepers from here on out.)
We left (in the car!) Saturday morning at 1:30 am. Jeff went to bed at like 6 so he could be awake for the drive. He made it all the way til like 7 in the morning before I took over! We wanted a large chunk of the 14 hr drive to be while the girls were sleeping, since that would be pretty terrible if they were awake for all of it. It actually worked out great. They were only antsy the last half hour or so. There was, however a different hiccup on our trip there. We blew a tire, and I mean BLEW! No little nail hole here. Jeff and I put the donut on together (I am a super-pro at this from my college days when my car had an alignment problem) then made our way through the middle of nowhere Or. We finally found a town with plenty of auto repair, but no tire stores. We were sent on to Hermiston, where we had Les Schwab replace both our bad tires (another was about to blow.) This was actually hardly an inconvenience, since it was lunch time and the girls needed a break. We just went across the street and ate at a local pizza place (pretty great) and by the time we were done, so was the car!
We got there around 5 pm, moved in and then set out with the stroller to survey the land. :) The condo was right on the beach, and on the main street as well. Seaside is a cute little place where everything is in walking distance, and they have tones of restaurants, shops, carnival rides, the promenade, etc. We ended up eating at Lil Bayou that night, one that we'd been recommended and I had looked forward to. It actually ended up being one of my least favorite. This is probably due to the fact that I wasn't very hungry when we got there, and our girls were TERRIBLE. I think everyone couldn't wait til we left! My clam chowder WAS amazing, though, I don't recommend the fried green tomatoes.

At Lil Bayou, they gave us beads and Amelie loved playing with them the whole trip:



(For some reason, it's not letting me add photos to this post, so I'll continue in the next.)

No comments: