Monday, January 17, 2011

Christmas!

Luckily, Jeff got a photo printer for Christmas, so despite my aforementioned camera problem, I have been able to get my pics off! Hallelujah! I'd be super sad if I lost holidays.

For Christmas, we were, of course, super busy. It was the North's year to have us on Christmas eve. My extended family always happens to get together early in the day, so we were lucky enough to get to see both that day. In the morning on Christmas Eve, we drove up to Ogden ('we' being me and the girls-Jeff was at work til 3:something.) We had taco salads and many many desserts. For the most part, my girls were good, but Amelie had an accident (luckily I brought clothes!) and Lisie was tired-fussy for a bit. We played a dice game for our anonymous dollar gifts and we got some good things. Jenny also brought a DVD she made of my Grandpa's life (he recently passed away) that she showed-and gave us all a copy! It was lovely. It was a good time. There are so many of us, that we held the party in a church gym. I don't usually like this, it feels less intimate, but they did a good job of setting it up so we felt closer.

The one split second where she wore her headband.Kiddie Korner

This manger was a centerpiece...

but Amie just wanted to snuggle baby Jesus!

Lisie loves aunt Mar Mar

and Grandma's mouth!

Yum!


Aunt Mallolly and her shadow doing hair at every family get together!



Two sweeties!


Then, we left to pick up daddy and go straight to his grandmother's house in Grantsville. We had the usual smorgasbord there, and then a cute program of two movies-first Christmas Oranges, and then the Nativity (I think?) Then, we followed it up with marshmallow guns, of course! We got SOO many sweets as gifts there this year, I thought we might die. Seriously-fudge, homemade candy (mints, caramels, coconuts, cremes, caramels, maples,) pecan brittle, two varieties of chocolate covered pretzels, truffles, a gallon bag of cookies, popcorn, and that's not even all!

We decided this year was the year to start sleeping at our house (we'd been sleeping at my mom's the past few-meaning me and the girls. :)) We opened presents bright and early Sat. morning at our place so we could be on time for breakfast and presents with the North's. We went from there to the Radcliffe's and had a second breakfast then presents. Then dinner. Needless to say, I did not escape about 5 holiday pounds.

First look

Too early.






This is the post-unwrapping mess. Whoa!



I tried my darn darnedest to get a better picture of us in our Christmas outfits this time, without much success. I decided our color was gold this year.
(They were both imPOSSible to keep still!)





No comments: