Saturday, January 15, 2011

Worst. Idea. Ever.

Today we had the worst idea ever today. What could possibly be that bad, you say?

Well, I've had a fairly home-bound week. Gotten out at least somewhere each day, but by today, Saturday, I was going a little stir crazy. So I decided we should go out for lunch. We decided on Red Robin and actually enjoyed our time there despite a rambunctious toddler (who kept talking to the people in the booth next to us) and a sicky baby.

Not too bad, right?

So we decided to push our luck and take said babies to see a $1.50 movie. We went over and decided on Megamind, and were a bit early, so we let the girls play out in the hallway for a bit to expel their energy. Then, we went in to get our seats, and settled in. (It filled up really quickly and we got blocked in our row.) The girls were being pretty good, and the movie started. At 3:30. 3:30? Yes, that IS my rambunctious terrible two toddler's and sick baby's nap time. What a disaster. We tried every possible idea and combination of people inside and outside the theater, but no. We did not see the end of this movie. Even though we only spent $4.50, this makes me really crazy-I never quit a movie or book because not knowing the end will drive me insane! We made it through most of the film, so I was really invested in that little storyline. I may never know...

Live and learn, I guess.

No comments: