Tuesday, April 12, 2011

One weekend in January... And one in April...




Back in January, we went up to one of our condos in Wolf Creek with a bunch of our friends-Amos and Jessica, Bryan, Tami and Taylor, and Melissa, Kevin and Nathan. We got going a little late on Friday night, but went out to eat at a cute little place, where we got seated by the fireplace, which I loved until it roasted us. Dinner was good, then we went back to our place to just hang out and stay up much later than this mommy would at home!
The next day was our only full day there and we tried to pack it all in! After breakfast, we child-laiden folk tried to go sledding on a not-so-steep hill while A&J went cross country skiing. We had a good time, but we'll definitely look for a more prime spot if ever we go back. We ate lunch out at a fun Mexican restaurant where Jeff had a burrito as big as his head! Then we headed out to our sleigh ride... which was really just a hay ride on a flat bed with sleigh runners. It was actually very beautiful scenery, just not the sleigh we were expecting. On the way back (sort of) we stopped in to see a Catholic Monastery where they make creamed honey. It was cool but a little bit sad because they were incredibly dwindled in numbers and said they'd have to keep decreasing their honeys among other things if they didn't get more people and soon.
That night, we BBQ'd dinner in, and then played a game while (most of) the kids slept. I can't remember the name of the game, but it was very fun! The last day, we basically just packed up and headed out. It went by really quickly, but I had a blast! I love getting away with friends, where you know you don't have to worry one bit about the normal stuff. Gotta be honest, it was tough juggling our 4 little kids' nap times and still getting to go out, but I can't wait to go again!

Here are a few pictures I totally scavenged from friends:









AND THEN-we did the same thing this past weekend with my family, just took a weekend to be in Wolf Creek. It was more leisurely, but I thouroughly enjoyed it. We all split up meal and associated chore duties, and ate out Sat. night for Mark's birthday. We forgot and missed out on the salsa class they did, but we went to yoga, played many games, watched movies, went in the hot tub (awesome!) and ate innumerable treaty foods. Yeah, we ate well. (I also gained 2 pounds! Over the last 2 weeks, anyway.) We were very sad not to have the Martins there, and Reed couldn't stay either, but I personally had a blast! (Until my girls got sick all over everything right before checkout... bah.) And I have no pictures of that weekend! My camera woes are almost as bad as my phone woes. (Another phone broke at the condo, actually.)



No comments: