Monday, April 4, 2011

Sotto Voce

Just wanted to drop a line about a new choir I auditioned for. It is called Sotto Voce and it is just starting up, headed by a guy from one of my past singles' wards who is a talented composer. It's a small ensemble with a broad range of styles, where members will rotate conducting and also with a focus on service. I was excited to hear about it, but as my audition drew near I grew apprehensive. I hadn't really had time to properly prepare and I had been sick. I almost lamed-out, but I went and my audition went pretty well. I heard back that I was accepted, and we have since begun rehearsals at a private school in the Sugarhouse area. (This is the rehearsal I mentioned in my last post.) It's just beginning and I think the ball may roll slowly, but I have really enjoyed being able to sing with capable musicians again! I love the group and feel very comfortable with the members this far. They've been very supportive and even sent me flowers while I was recovering last week. I'm so glad I took the plunge and I'll keep you all posted about future performances!

PS-we are scheduled to do 1-2 numbers at the SLCC concert April 14 and 15 if you're interested.

No comments: