Friday, November 30, 2012

Count Your Many Blessings

I am so grateful for many things, here is my list of one that struck me each day this month.

1- Healthy babies. I'm especially grateful for this now, as Carson is not only my first child after a miscarriage, but also endured my stomach flus, colds, pink eye, roller coasters, hot tubs and car accident all in utero.  But you'd never know it looking at him.
2- I know everyone thinks their kids are the cuteset, but seriously... I have beautiful children.
3- A loving, generous husband who is able to bless our children
4- So much support and help from friends and family
5- Carson's personality and easy-going nature. He is such a good baby!
6- This amazing country that we live in (even though Mitt Romney didn't win, ugh!)
7- My selfless grandmother, turned 80 this year!
8- Vaaaaaacations!
9- Snow.  Not very often, but sometimes I am. :)
10- Amelie's sweet (sometimes bossy) nature, she is always helping her mom and trying to make everyone happy.
11- My mom van. Despite its numerous repairs.
12- The internet.  I sometimes think about life before the internet and cell phones, and it seems like life was much harder. (Who remembers card catalogs?!) I do think there are many detrimental effects of this, but if used appropriately, can enhance our lives so greatly!
13- Alisa's spunk and happy attitude.  She runs around smiling and laughing and always puts a smile on my face.
14- Not only having to be "stuck" home everyday - a very flexible job.
15- Bills, bills, bills.  OK, I won't pretend that I actually feel grateful when my bills start rolling in each month, but having them means many things.  It means we are able to support ourselves in this lovely country, it means we are blessed enough to provide experiences (like dance or gymnastics) to our children, that we make enough to enjoy a basic TV package... We are very blessed.
16- Cameras! Helping me capture cuteness and memories that I might otherwise forget.
17- Christmas music - it just puts you in a good mood.
18- Handel's Messiah. Amazing music, and it's a priviledge to sing it.
19- Weight loss success! (Too bad it started right before Thanksgiving... gone now!)
20- Cooking.  I love to cook.  I love serving my family in this way, I love creating a masterpiece from random individual pieces, I love the calm I get from doing it (...most of the time.) Plus, then you get to enjoy:
21- Good food.  I know, this might label me as a pig, but seriously, I love eating good food.  Such a blessing to have that privilege.
22- Thanksgiving!  I am really grateful for a chance to sit back and look at all my blessings, and realize just how blessed I am.
23- Spending time with family!  Seriously, we love hanging out.
24- The most amazing advancements in modern medicine.
25- My calling in Young Women!  I love, love, love working with youth - always have - and they not only teach me so much and require me to get outside of myself, but they are just fun and they keep me young in my aging years. ;)
26- Downtime.
27- Good friends
28- This might seem redundant but, family that is always so willing to help!  They really save us sometimes.
29- The ability to stay at home with my children and a hard working husband that makes that possible.
30- Growing self-discipline.  I am getting better!

No comments: