Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Carson Radcliffe Update

I can't believe it, but I have never posted an update about Carson - preposterous!  He is now 5 months old, though I guess I'll start with his 3 month appointment.  At the time, he was 16 lbs 9 oz, which put him in the 85 percentile for weight, but only the 25th for height!  He's one chunky little dude.  Short and chunky.  Maybe he'll catch up - Amie used to measure really short, too, but now is average. Either way, I think we can kiss daddy's NBA dreams goodbye. I think he has moved on to NFL at this point.  At that appointment, I pointed out his crooked neck, and the doc said yes, he has some torticollis (where the neck muscles are uneven - for him, his right side muscles are weaker/shorter) so we have also been doing some stretches to help with that.  We are hoping to avoid physical therapy, but she said his head shape is fine at this point.  Now I just need to be better - I usually do his stretches once a day, but it's supposed to be 5 times/day.
Now, at 5 months, Carson is (loving) eating baby food and only occasionally cereal.  He has begun grabbing at things, and brings everything to his mouth.  He will sit and play contentedly on his own for increasing periods of time (in his jumper, swing, on his playmat, in the Bumbo our friends so gracously loaned us.)  He is generally a very mellow and happy baby, it is so wonderful.  He is pleasant, and just coos, talks and plays with you.  He has had some sick tummy problems lately, which make him a little more difficult.  I am hoping it is just a bug, but I am considering the fact that he might also be lactose intolerant.  We're giving soy milk a shot.
His newest tricks include rolling over and sitting up... a little - they are still in the early stages, but I have photos of both!
Otherwise, he is adorable, amazing and my favorite baby boy ever!
 playing in the Bumbo chair
 
 Rolled over!
 
 Playing so cute
 
 Keeping mommy company while daddy was out of town.
 
Sitting up all by himself!

No comments: