Monday, April 14, 2008

San Hore-hay

This weekend, Jeff and I got to go to St. George just for a little weekend away. He took work (so they would pay for our gas, yay!) and had to serve papers down there on Saturday. We left Friday and got there late in the evening. We decided to go for a long walk (across the street) for some frozen custard and turn in... My pregnancy sleep is important these days. Sat. we had breakfast, and while Jeff served papers, I read a book by the pool. That was worth the entire trip to me! I am so sick of the cold and randomly reappearing snow that the 73 degrees was totally worth the whole drive. We had lunch, and then when Jeff was done we went swimming. Can you believe I actually woke up a little sore the next day? Man, looks like I'm letting all but my walking muscles fall into disrepair (walking everywhere is my exercise of choice thanks to the nausea and fatigue.) We ate at Famous Dave's that night-yum-and spent another tired night at the hotel. Yes, genius me forgot her temple clothes, so that changed our Sat. night plans. Sunday for church we went to the most child-packed ward ever! I swear I didn't hear a single word from the pulpit. (We also got Harry Potter 7 from the library to listen to in the car-can you believe Jeff still hasn't read it?) After church, we headed out and made it to Provo just in time for dinner at mom's-always awesome! We even got to bring home leftovers this time cause my brother is out of town. We skipped out early and slept a bunch at home.
Here's the beautiful red rock view right from our balcony.


This week brings some action for us-I've got a huge presentation that will finally be over, and then I'm about done with classes, just 2 finals and that's it! I finish with classes in 2 weeks or so, and then all I have left is my summer internship-yes! (and giant capstone project, of course.) I can't wait. I find I'm always excited for school to begin again and always excited to be done again. I'd like to say that I'll be done with school forever come August '08 (I am NEVER gonna get a Doctorate) but I have a feeling somewhere down the line I'll be doing something else ridiculous that interests me... Maybe culinary school or a teaching certificate... Knock on wood! At this point, I'm ready to be done forever.

Also this week is our first prenatal appointment, finally! We're really excited and crossing our fingers lots. We're kinda shaky on exact dates, plus if there's something unusual going on, this will be the first we'll hear. Wednesday is the day!

No comments: