Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Hotel Monaco!

This past week-end, we got to stay at the Hotel Monaco for free (sweet!) We decided to do it Friday so Jeff would be close to his early morning test on Saturday, and then I watched the first session of Conference from the comfort of the most amazing pillow-top king size bed ever. It was really nice to just be away for a night while we are in the middle of so much other junk. Jeff surprised me with an AMAZING dessert from Bambara (totally delicious, yet small and $10) and then we got to wear the sweet leopard print robes. (Sorry, I saved it sideways.)


The rest of the pictures from the weekend are too scandalous to post. (Kidding! ...but I wouldn't be if we had actually taken more pictures... kidding! ... am I?)

We had then planned to have lunch at Bambara between sessions (we've wanted to eat there for awhile) only to discover at 12:30 on Saturday, that they are closed on Saturdays during lunch. Sad! So, we ate at the classic Olive Garden. (We checked the one downtown-1 1/2 hr wait, back in our hood-15 min. wait.) We watched the next session at Jeff's sister's house.

Then, to top off the night, after priesthood, we actually spent $155 on groceries. Ouch.

Sunday, we spent the day at my mom's for the good old conference breakfast-yum! Everything that is right for my tongue and wrong for my figure was had-cinnamon rolls, bacon, eggs with green chili sauce... I brought fruit salad to round it out a bit. Then, deli sandwiches... then dinner... then strawberry shortcake. I actually came home sick AND was sick the next day all day from all that I ate. A trip to mom's should never be so long... the food just doesn't stop coming.
(Wasn't Conference fabulous this demi-year? I was often tearful... but maybe that's just because I'm pregnant.)

PS-Jeff has been doing awesome in each stage of his testing processes so far... he actually received a conditional offer from both the Airport police and SLC PD. Meaning, as long as he passes the next 6 million steps, he's a shoe-in for either. We're praying!

No comments: