Monday, June 2, 2008

River Rafting

I went river rafting down the Colorado this past weekend with the VA. I'd never been, so I was totally psyched, but a little apprehensive since I'm pregnant, of course. My mom went rafting 6 months pregnant, and I talked to my OB, who gave me some good advice (i.e. "Don't fall out.") so I went for it. It ended up being not too crazy in the way of rapids, but it was still really fun. We only tossed one little woman the whole trip, and I never came close to falling out. The most difficult part for me was dealing with all the heat and lifting we were supposed to do. There were a few great pregnancy-supporters there, so that was nice, but there were a few times where I had to just do some of it, as I went with a mental health group and they needed the help. Here are a few pictures of the gorgeous surroundings. My camera just isn't top-of-the-line, so use your imagination to re-create the beauty. I also don't have any on the raft-too scared to take my digital on the water.

I chopped off about 14 inches of hair before I left!
Our rafts-we had a big group.

The gorgeous sunrise on the pretty beach where we camped... that came MUCH too early.

It was almost like being back on the coast for a night! How I miss it.

No comments: