Friday, June 27, 2008

SLC and Baby...

SOOooooooooooo much has happened in the past three weeks.

First, one of the more exciting things-Jeff got hired by Salt Lake City Police!! This is totally his life dream and we are so excited. He starts training on July 7th. Soon! (I made a giant SLC cookie for celebration... yeah, we didn't finish it...)

Second, another SUPER exciting thing-we found out we're having a girl!! We couldn't be happier and have loved being able to look at pink things. (I was going to post an ultrasound, but I didn't know about showing off her goods before she even gets to this world!) The appointment went well and all the indicators still say everything is moving right on track. We even got a DVD of our sweet baby on ultrasound-it's fun for us to watch! (Sometimes just weird for me.)
The day before I found out, I got to go to a baby shower for my good college friend, Jodi Hill, and there were tons of pregnant girls there! This is 3 if us all from Florida doing to pregnant pose. (Haley, Jodi, Me.) I am only a few weeks behind, but I was the smallest! Crazy.


In more daily life, Jeff went on a winning spree, so we've had a string of fun activities. We got to go to the Blaze game (arena football,) a Bees game (baseball,) mini-golfing and to Desert Star all within one week. We actually enjoyed the Blaze-it's a little more fast-paced than normal football, so good for your ADD. The Bees was average-fun, but with loud, obnoxious fans all around. And the funniest one was when Jeff won entry for 4 into a mini-golfing tournament (the Mini Major.) Jeff, his brother Josh, friend Amos and I all went and did pretty well. I was second in our group by only 1 point. Amos, the little bugger, won in the raffle and got $25 to a steakhouse, $25 to a spa and $25 to Subway! Generous as he is, he took us all to lunch. It was a fun day.




Currently, we're starting to look at houses and want to buy soon. That is the project for this next week. Meanwhile, I have a few HUGE things going on at work next week and then Jeff starts at SLC. Life is good!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Yay for having a girl! Seems like everyone is having boys that we know.