Saturday, July 25, 2009

4th, 24th and Lagoon

I thought that since my last long post was after the 4th that I included it, but I just realized I skipped it. In the morning, Amie and I went to the West Jordan parade (Jeff had just gotten off of work and was sleeping.) Even though we came right about time to start, I got an amazing parking space and good spot. The weather was perfect most of the parade-clouded over, then I had an umbrella and squirty fan for when the sun came out. Amie seemed to enjoy it again, all except for when the fire truck honked right in her face. (Have you ever noticed they are far louder than other emergency vehicles?)



Then, we went home and hung out for a bit before we headed over to a friend's for BBQ. That was fun, then Jeff had to run off to work again that night. Amelie and I stayed a bit and they set off fireworks. Then we all raced to catch fireworks at Murray park cause no one else noticed the time (though I mentioned it more than once.) We saw some on the way and some more there, but everyone pretty much just stayed in there own cars wherever they parked. Amie slept through pretty much all of them. The next day I remembered why I no longer stay up late.




For the 24th, Jeff had to work the parade in the morning (and somehow he got the longest post) then work again that night. So, our festivities consisted of a delicious lunch at the Porcupine and naps. After Jeff left, I was going to take Amelie out and show her the sparklers we had, but I turned the house upside down and couldn't find them. So, I didn't really get to do much of anything. We're looking forward to the days when Jeff has enough seniority to get more holidays off and we can go to more family activities, especially Delta.

Also, we went to Lagoon... again. But we thought it was worth it because we got in with PMAA (Police Mutual Aid Association) for $20 that included a big dinner. We had lots of family members come with us and I got to go on a fair number of rides and slides. It was very fun but I was completely exhausted by the end of the day. I couldn't have stayed another second.

Maybe not her either. :)

No comments: