Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Great Outdoors

On one of Jeff's days off, I decided we needed to take advantage of the cooler weather and go outside before it got too blazing hot. We grabbed the front- and back-carriers, the babies, a few snacks and went to Ensign Peak. If you don't know, this is a relatively short hike (3mi roundtrip) and I wouldn't say it is difficult, but it is UP all the way there. I strapped on Alisa and Jeff strapped on Amie AND the diaper bag, and we took off. (I think I had the better deal-not only was Lisie lighter, but her carrier straps on the front. It balanced me going uphill.) Both girls seemed to enjoy it-especially Alisa. She is always very happy when we are outside. I love it! So slowly (for mom) but surely, we made our way to the top. Right before we got to the top, the frigid wind set in. Poor little babies! Red cheeks and runny noses had us going down real quick-we didn't get to spend as much time as I'd liked up top. Jeff volunteered to carry both babies down. That could not have been fun, but he said it was easier than one cause they balanced him out. Hey, I packed our bag down! :) It actually was really fun. I'm excited to take advantage of the summer weather with two darling babies!

Here is the proof.

Note the nasty gray clouds. Pretty view, though. It sprinkled for 2 minutes.
Chivalrous daddy.
Plum wears a girl out, working so hard!



This was in my yard-HELLO, no wonder I can't get rid of the weeds in my lawn-that dandelion's as big as my hand!!


And in other outdoor news, the other day, Amie was playing outside. (I close the yard gate, and leave the door open, and she'll always say hi every few minutes.) She had been quiet for awhile, so I went to check it out and found her on her knees, intent on something in her hand. Upon closer inspection, I see a snail shell in one hand, and goo on the other. She kept sticking her finger in the shell, pulling it out with fresh goobers and wiping it on the driveway. Oh. My. Gross. I wanted to barf. She thought it was super cool. Super-Ew.


Note the slime she already wiped on the ground.

Now, who needs boys with a girl like that?

No comments: