Friday, October 22, 2010

Amelie's 2nd birthday!

Sometime just a few weeks before Amelie's birthday, the idea of birthdays was introduced to her (I don't know where!) and so it was really fun to throw her party, since she would go around saying Happy Birthday! all 2 weeks, or even singing the song. I wanted Amelie's birthday party to be original, but fun for all different ages (and just something besides princesses before she starts asking for it.) We went with a POP! theme for her party this year, and I think it was pretty successful. We had POPcorn, chocolate POPcorn, soda POP, mini POPsicles, and of course, a cake (and cupcakes.) All the invitations had a big bubble wrap bubble on them, just waiting to be POPped. For activities, we had probably a hundred square sheets of bubble wrap for the POPping, POPpers, a bubble machine, and a kiddie pool filled with balloons for POPping, cause they were full of lolliPOPs. Favors were a little soda POP shaped bottle of bubbles.






The kids seemed to have lots of fun popping everything in sight, and I know Amie had a blast. She got some great presents-she loves EVERY one of them! Thanks everyone! We had a good showing of family and a few friends.














I made her cake, of course. It wasn't too adventuresome, but it fit the theme well and I was very happy with it. And it tasted great! (we went with dots of cupcakes cause I knew the cake wouldn't be enough. Good thing, too-we only had a few left over!)




Grandma made her a Barbie cake at Sunday dinner-she was incredibly sad and mad when we tried to cut her!! Finally she consented if SHE could do the massacring... and a massacre it was.



Since her party was a few days early, we ended up spending a kid day out on Monday, her actual birthday. She requested McDonald's for lunch (with LOTS of time on the playplace.) Aunt Mal came and played with her too (she was getting my mom's keys we accidentally took-too bad she didn't bring my camera I left there-I have NO pictures of this day!) After lunch, we went to Discovery Gateway and Amie had a blast! Lisie even loved it (until it got to be well past naptime.) We also got a parking ticket there-we parked on the curb where our car was partially past the parking/no parking boundary. How lame is that? No, Jeff does not have any influence on making tickets go away...

The next day was her doctor check up. She grew 3 inches since her last visit! She's now right around the middle/low middle for height and weight, and they no longer measure (her giant) head. She's trucking right along, and our doc said she's ahead in speech. She's a dancing superstar!!

Now, here's the obligatory parental statement. It astounds me that I have a two year old! It has flown by, and I think that I will finally get used to the idea of being a parent right about the time I am gonna be a grandparent. My little lovie has brought so much joy and color into my life, I couldn't ask for a better little girl!

1 comment:

freya said...

what a cute idea for the party! happy birthday to Amie!