Monday, October 4, 2010

General Conference

General Conference is totally my very favorite. I've always watched as many sessions as I possibly could, (a fewyears ago I had to work, I even snuck into the office and listened by internet broadcast to hear who the new apostle was...) When I lived with Mal, we would do something different for every session-attend one, watch at the building, with friends, at home, and our favorite-on a blanket at the park with a stereo and lunch. Anyway, it's been difficult for me lately to really get to focus on Conference, because of my beautiful, short-attention-spanned, energetic, demanding little girls. I was very lucky this weekend to be able to be with lots of family who helped spread the load and got to really listen to most of it. (Thanks SO much families-I always appreciate the help you give loving my little girlies!) Here are just a few of the messages that really stuck out for me and my family unit.

-Slow Down! Simplify! Jeff and I had some very specific questions that were neatly and strongly answered with this idea.
-How to bring the Spirit into the home more. I have had a very difficult time setting any kind of schedule for scriptures, prayers, even FHE sometimes, with the schedules of babies, graveyard shift dad, and completely erratic shift mom. There were lots of suggestions.
-Finally, follow the prophet. Did you not hear this in almost every single talk? Jeff and I debated about whether something tough may be coming soon, or if just too little people actually put their trust in the prophet. Anyway, I firmly vow to listen to all he has to say. (Sidenote: I adore President Monson!)

That is all. Carry on. :)

No comments: