Friday, May 20, 2011

Jeffrey's big 2-7.



My Jeffy face just survived his 27th birthday. We started off the Bday celebrations early at my parents' place 2 weeks ago with BBQ and gifts when everyone could be there. He scored a few great things. We kept the party alive with a fun group FHE bowling night on Monday the 9th. We had fun and got really creative with juggling all of the kiddies by the end... Later Jeff, so luckily, got off early (midnight instead of 5 am) the night before his Bday, so he wasn't a tired bear all day. Friday I made his favorite dinner (or one of them - kielbasa in red sauce over rice) since I wouldn't be cooking on his birthday. Saturday, I got up with the girls and made reese's pancakes and bacon for breakfast, then we headed to our niece Hannah banana's birthday party (well, Amelie and I did while dad and Lisie played Wii at grandma's) which was super-cute, by the way.



After the party, we left the girls with grandma and went to lunch at the Cheesecake Factory, where we had some delicious offerings and ate outside in the lovely sun. This is where the plans get all muddled. I had planned on taking Jeff to see a movie after lunch cause he love that and we hardly ever get to go. However, all the times were cutting it fairly close for us since my sis-in-law needed help with Hannah's party, so Jeff that morning said "let's golf instead." So, I didn't worry about getting out of the party quickly, THEN by the time lunch was over, the rainy rain clouds were rolling in... kiboshing golf, but the movie times were already over, SO we ended up bowling again. I was sad cause I didn't want Jeff to be disappointed, but he really loves bowling, so we went. Totally different experience without the littles! We even finished so quickly that we got to go home and relax for a minute, where I gave Jeff his presents, mostly very boring and practical, but he did enjoy the black law enforcement garments I got him and the chocolate-covered strawberries I made.




That evening, we got together with Jeff's family for dinner (homemade pizza,) dessert (raspberry cheesecake) and gifts (Best Buy gift cards! He bought an eReader he's had his eye on... like mine!) It was a great, relaxing day. I love you, Jeff!

No comments: