Friday, May 20, 2011

Mother's Day!

This year I had a lovely Mother's Day. Jeff got off of work (late) in the early morning, and still made me breakfast in bed (pancakes, eggs, hashbrowns, bacon, juice - the works!) Accompanying my breakfast tray were a beautiful peach-colored rose and a Kobo! (That's an eReader, in case you didn't know.) He had previously warned me it was a gift I would think was too expensive so he would take it out of my Bday presents, too. :) I then let him catch a few zzz's before we had to go to church. Church was fun, I got a chocolate heart from the ward, some cinnamon bears from the primary and a super-cute card Amie made in nursery, as well as her handprint on a page followed by this poem about fingerprints on the walls, etc (only for so long, you know?)

I just loved it! Jeff made efforts to handle the kids until Elder's Quorum so I could enjoy listening at Church, and even when I had Alisa, she was a good girl for me. (Very out of the ordinary for Church time.) After Church, we got to be lazy at home and Jeff made dinner for us, one of our favorite staples, Honey Mustard chicken.

We were able to go out to eat the day before with my mom and family at Los Hermanos in Provo, one of her favorites. It was a very fun time, I thought, and good food. Us kids all pitched in to buy her a fire bowl which has already gotten much use!

We stopped at Jeff's mom's on the way there to give her a Joseph Smith-etched crystal, and she gave me a cute shirt and a sweet letter. (She usually does flowers, but said she's not doing that this year cause we all always kill them! Sad but true!)


I'm so thankful for mothers and to be able to be counted among them!

No comments: