Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Weesa Bear

I know, sickening, right? I don't care-it's one of her many nicknames and we're proud!


For quite some time I've been thinking I should do an update on Alisa's progress, if only just for my own records, and with her 15 month appointment yesterday, I finally have a little motivation to do it (with a little Amelie here and there.)

Our little Alisa is really not so little at all. Her percentiles are: height-82, weight-75, and head-89... yeah, poor big-headed Norths. She's also in size 18 month clothes and only one shoe size behind Amelie. She has her 8 front teeth, and already 2 molars. Everything about this girl grows like a weed! ...except her hair. Amelie's hair is astronomically long, while Alisa still can't even rock a pony. She's still totally adorable, this is only a shame because she WILL NOT EVER wear a headband. Soon, little hairbows. Soon.

Lisie does a lot of little cute actions. She waves "hi" and "bye", and she is the queen of snuggling her little (big) head down into you, tucking in her arms. She makes a sweet scrunchy face all the time, and is now getting into wrestling and chasing type playing with Amie. It's super cute to watch, but sometimes one doesn't quite know when to stop. Our pediatrician (Dr. Baar) asked if she was walking ok... yeah, more like climbing Mount Everest if we'd let her! The little button can't sit still (especially not in church or a restaurant!) She climbs, climbs, climbs anything that might be climbed, and has the marks to prove it! (Thank goodness the scar on her right cheek is starting to lighten at least.) She also has some sweet toddler-shake-it moves. Another budding dancer! She also claps at "yay" and can show you where her head is.

She is not really using words yet, mostly grunts and yells. She imitates us a lot, saying crazy words and phrases that never come out of her mouth again, though she does have a few consistent repeats. These are "daddy" (both for Jeff and for me) and "uh oh" anytime anything hits the floor, even if she purposely dropped it there. :) Despite the small vocabulary, this girl communicates. She's always bringing us her shoes or coat when she wants to go outside, a cup when she wants a drink, or her blanket when she wants to snuggle. If she doesn't know how to tell us, she'll just go out and get it on her own! We have to be very careful with her-I've looked around to find her atop our dining room table, or stuck in the screen door in her many pursuits. The other day, I'd thought she was in the kitchen but didn't see her, so I turned to leave and heard her laughing behind me. I turned back around... didn't see her... searched... and found her in the dryer! The door wasn't shut all the way, so she opened it, crawled in, and thought it was the best time ever! She was giggling her head off. :/


Generally, Alisa is a happy baby, but when she's not happy, you will know it - long and loud! I'm so grateful to have her, she teaches me a lot and her giggles and happiness are very contagious. She's a bright spot in my world, and I am just trying to enjoy every second I have with her!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Such a cute post. It made me smile - A LOT!! They dryer incident was adorable.