Friday, June 17, 2011

Florida Trip! Day 5 - Swimming and Reunion





Needless to say, by this day, we were well prepared to sleep as long as we needed to. It didn't last too long - they adjusted just in time - but we still took it nice and easy that morning. I was originally planning to go with a friend to the temple that morning, but she backed out, so I kept with the lazy theme and took Amie to the store for a milk run, and grabbed some Publix subs for our Sunday lunch (yum!) Then, we finally got around to getting in the swimming pool. We had a great time swimming, and there were hardly any people in the pools! They had 2 pools, hot tubs and a fun little kiddie pool with a shower/fountain. The girls had a blast!
We were mighty hungry, so we went to one of our favorite places, Cafe Tu Tu Tango. We got some ribs, cheese dip, bacon wrapped shrimp and empanadas. It was delicioso! The girls were starting to show signs of being sick, though, and Lisie slept most of the time there.
We headed back to our "Trip House" and I got ready for the temple while the crew watched a movie. I drove all the way there (at about 430) only to find out the last session starts at 3. So lame! I was big time bummed. The last time we were there, the temple was closed so we had never been. Boo!
That night was my 10 year high school reunion. It was held at BB King's, a jazz club/restaurant, which happened to be down the street from our condo. We knew that there wouldn't be many kids there (open bar, and didn't start til 8pm) but didn't have a babysitter, so we brought the kiddies along. (You can see from the pictures, they were pretty subdued. Whatever cold they picked up was hitting full swing.) It was really fun to see old friends, and with the exception of only about 3 or 4 people, everyone was very friendly and congenial. There were, however, only about 30 or 40 there, and my class was near 400 people! I would have loved to see a lot of my other high school friends, but if they don't care, then c'est la vie! I think most of them didn't make the effort, because they all still just live in the general area. Here are a few goodies I stole from friends.

Enjoying the endless wings and mac and cheese bar.

Sleeeepy girl.

The whole fam.

Some of my closer lady friends, Angela, Valerie, Danielle and Julie.


Most of the ladayz.

I got my chat on, and would have liked to stay just a little bit longer, but the girls were well past their limit by 10:30 anyway, so that's when we left. We put the girls to bed when we got back and did some packing up, as we were checking out the next day. (Couldn't believe 5 nights had already gone by!)

No comments: