Saturday, June 18, 2011

Florida Trip! Day 6 - Church and Kate's

This day was our checkout day, so we decided to go to 9 a.m. church so we could get back and get things together before checkout at noon. 9 am in my old building happened to be Kissimmee Ward, which I was in for years (then split to Pleasant Hill.) Last time we were there, we visited PH Ward, so I was glad to go see all the homies in Kissimmee. I got to chat with lots of old friends. Well, mostly friends of my parents' or parents of my friends', but you know what I mean. It was fast Sunday, so it was really funny to see all the same peope that still get up every Sunday, as well as lots of new people. I was also very surprised at how many people didn't recognize me right away, since EVERYone said I look exactly the same. After sacrament mtg, we had a little gathering session for said chatting, then we headed back to pack up.
We got out just in time, and our original plan was to take our subs to the beach and play there a bit on our way up to my friend Kate's house. (We stayed with her and her husband Omar for a few days, she lives North of Orl, near Jacksonville.) But, if you recall, our girlies had been getting sick and were no better that day. Because of that, we decided to forgo the beach that day, but an hour into the car ride, both girls were screaming and NOT happy! So, we ended up finding a beach park/pavilion where we could eat, thinking they wanted a break from the car... but they were only screaming out in the heat, too! We cut our lunch short and just muscled through the last hour of the drive. We got to Kate's, where she had a lovely Sunday dinner just waiting for us! (It was really great we didn't have to do any restaurants or other purchases on Sunday.) We pretty much just movied and talked out the rest of that night. They had made up two rooms for us and it was really a great stay (at least I thought so! Don't know about them. ;) ) They have a beautiful house, and we had the great balance of going/doing, and staying in and letting us rest from our exhausting vacation. I felt so bad, too, weeks ago, we were talking on the phone and she said "just don't bring your kids sick! We've had so many sick people at our house!" Sure enough, they were both ill! But, they were really laid back about our kids, which is nice. We're still in that awkward place where some of our friends/colleagues don't have spouses or kids yet, and you just never know how they'll act or be received! Thanks again, Kate and Omar, we really enjoyed being at your house!

1 comment:

Kate & Omar Spilsbury said...

We had a blast with you guys! I only wish Omar could have spent more time with us. Looking forward to the next time you visit - still so much to do around here that you would love. Miss you already.