Friday, February 17, 2012

Alisa Danielle is 2!

Our sweetie Alisa had her 2nd birthday on the 3rd. We spent the day doing things that (we assumed) she liked. When we got up and going, we went to Bounce Around Utah, which is just a big warehouse with numerous bounce houses, slides, a giant bounce pillow, and a huuuuge playplace/jungle gymmy thing. The girls had tons of fun, and Jeff did too. I did, but kept forgetting I shouldn't be jumping like that. After we tired out there, we drove by my work for a second, then went to Godfather's for all you can eat pizza buffet. (I know, what were we thinking, she's lactose intolerant? But it's one of the only restaurants she'll actually eat at... besides the evil McD's of course.) Dad had to head to work after that, so we just played at home doing sissy faves, and making the last goodies for her party.

The next day was her birthday party, and I have to say that as the 5th kid party I've thrown, I finally said to myself "you really don't have to do aaaaallllll that stuff." I like throwing a party, but sometimes they consume my life for weeks ahead of time! I really, really, really didn't want to give Lisie any less than I do to Amie, and I think I did, but I was at peace with the reductions, like no handmade pinata, for example.

We went with an Over the Rainbow theme, and I had fun finding things to do for it. As usual, we went with a non-meal time, so I wouldn't have to make a full meal. We ended up with a rainbow fruit tray, rainbow colored ice and Sprite, white choc covered pretzels and fluffy cloud cupcakes...(with a surprise) and of course, Skittles (taste the rainbow!)





For favors, we gave rainbow licorice bags.


And for activity, we had a make-your-own rainbow necklace station.


One of sis's fave gifts was the big dollhouse she got from Grandma Chris.


Decor included zig zag streamers and a rainbow balloon arch.



Now it's confession time. We still haven't had Alisa's 2 year well check up, so I don't have official stats on how she's doing physically. We just never remembered to schedule it. :/ We did go to the doc a bit ago, though and she then weighed 29 pounds, and at home, her measurement puts her at around 30 inches. I believe she's pretty average for her age, still taller than Amie was at that age.
Right now, Alisa is totally into dolls of all shapes and sizes, and houses. She always has them do the same things, namely say "Hi Belle," kiss and hug. She is very into tricks, meaning she makes mom and dad flip her upside down, swing her, throw her, etc... It gets tiring for us! She knows how to go for what she wants. If she wants you to hold her, she will grab the book out of your hand, put it down, and then climb on your lap. Or, pull you up and all the way to the fridge to pour her the drink she wants. She has also learned to fake cry, and isn't afraid to raise her voice when unhappy. She says lots of very fun/funny things, like "aaalllll done" "aaalllll better" or love you! and lots of "Kanket!" (Blanket - to which, she is very attached.) We love to watch her dance. She and Amie are (almost always) good friends, playing together, and they seem to adore each other... unless the other has the toy they want, of course.

We sure love her, she brings a whole new dimension to our family and we are so very privileged to have her!

No comments: