Thursday, February 9, 2012

Miscellaneousness

I always think I should update the blog, but when I think what to write, I'm always blank. Now that we've had a few actual events that I want to blog about, all the other little things are popping to mind, so this is just a little catch up of all the little-in-betweeny-thingys we've been up to!

First off, we had at least 3 three solid weeks (but really, probably 4) of rotating illnesses. We're talking round and round of colds, pink eye, sore throats, ear infections, and the flu, between the four of us. Jeff was awesome and took some days off when I was totally beyond help, and I got some days off too. He was so great at stepping in and being Mr. Mom, letting me sleep tons and doing everything for us. I'm so blessed to have him! (Gotta be honest - glad we're out of those woods... it was absolutely miserable.)

Also, this last weekend, we got to attend my cousin Jeff's live endowment session at the Bountiful temple. It was really great! I've never been there, and I love seeing new temples. Also, I love to do sessions with family, and I got to sit with my mom, Aunt Teri, cousin Jenny and cousin/more like an aunt Karen. AND, I got to be there for Jeff's first time. Triple bonus! OK, add a night out just adults, and make that a quadruple bonus. Thanks, Jaimie, for the long night of babysitting!! You rock!

We had Stake conference this past week (we always have it super bowl sunday.) We always set up in the nursery, turn on the speaker, and it's win-win for everyone. I didn't bring our usual church activity bag, cause we never need it there. When we got there, however, the nursery was all locked up... bad news bear. We couldn't even find another kid-friendly place that still had the audio piped in, so we hit the stage, hoping being in the very back would at least reduce the amount of people we bothered. The girls were miraculous! I'm definitely not saying they were all quiet and perfectly behaved, but they did much better than we anticipated. I think we were both ready to take the girls home at the first sign of trouble, but we ended up staying the whole 2 hrs, and I even got to listen to a bit of talk here and there! Thank goodness for snacks and programs to draw on.

Later that day, we went to Grandma Barbie's house out in Grantsville, where they have a big super bowl party every year (we haven't been for a couple years.) There were tons of great food of course, and it was actually a pretty quiet and relaxing night. We love getting together with the family.

Lastly, (except it happened first among these events) I wanted to mention our New Beginnings program. I was sick, but I was speaking, so I just grabbed lotgs of cough drops and stuck it out. I wanted to talk about it because, A) I love love love Young Women's in general and I am enjoying my time in there. But also B) because we did some things that I thought were really fun. Our main theme was light, focusing on this year's theme of "Arise and shine forth that thy light may be a standard for the nations." We had luminaries, gave each of the girls a crystal/prism necklace and at the end, we set off sky lanterns. I've always wanted to do that! We had one scary firey moment, but otherwise, I thought it was magical! I love the program, plus the bonus of all the fun things we get to do.

No comments: