Saturday, September 1, 2012

Good times

We went to a Family Fun Fair at my mom's church a few weekends ago (I could never have done this without my mom and sis being there!) and I got a few cute pics.

 Face painting and cupcake faces.

 Sis (as always) couldn't wait to get on the train, then cried the whole time.


 Cow milking? Interesting fair activity. They were both pros.


And, I loved last night's bath time game.
"We're mermaids!"

Then, there was my mom's birthday!  Jeff wanted to take her out for dinner, so we did that (she chose Red Lobster) and gave her a movie gift card.  Then, I hosted Sunday dinner when we were celebrating her, since she does most all the work for every other Sunday dinner.  My house was super hot due to a swamp cooler on the fritz, but other than that, everyone (except Jeff) was able to come and I had a really good time.

One day while Jeff was working outside and the kids were "helping," they encountered some grasshoppers and fell in love.  Before mom caught wind of any of it, they each had their own pet in holey Olive Garden cups.  It was adorable, though.  For about a week, they each had their grasshopper pets (Amie's was Harold and Lisie's was Grasshopper - who only had one hopping leg) and Amelie even took hers to show and tell at school. She liked telling people that when they grow bigger they throw off their skin and grow new ones.  When we finally decided we should let them free, they just sat there on the pavement for a long time, even walking, before finally remembering how to hop. :/



Finally, Amie requested I take a pic of them in their favorite white flower shirts. They sure love each other!

No comments: