Saturday, March 8, 2008

Aye, mon dos.

I called to make an appointment and they said they didn't want me 'til 10-12 weeks! I understand there isn't too much to be done, but I haven't been at all, not even to confirm my pregnancy (not that there's a doubt in my mind about that) It boggles me a little bit, though, because the first 2-3 months are the most critical-why don't they want me to come in and teach me how to NOT make my baby one-legged or autistic? Luckily, I'm a good girl and I've been reading a million pregnancy books. Guess I'll just keep doing that until my first appointment on April 16th. (That seems like forever!)


In the meantime, I've been having just a few symptoms, namely fatigue, "morning sickness" and backaches. Although, we should definitely be calling it evening sickness-I never toss my cookies, but I have to eat every two hours or so to fend off the nausea, and then in the evening it comes no matter what. I can't decide if it's better to throw up or just feel constant nausea for half the day. Maybe I'll experiment...

Cutest story ever-the worst symptom I've been having by far is the backache. I can not sit in any position for longer than 15 minutes before my back is hurting! I could deal with both the other symptoms without even thinking if I could get rid of the back pain. I must've been complaining about it a lot, because my wonderful husband came home yesterday with a surprise for me-a sixty minute massage at a place called Maternity Massages-just for preggers like me. How sweet is that? He's a good, good dude.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If you want proof that you are pregnant you can always go to planned parenthood and they'll hook you up with a piece of paper that certifies your pregnancy. It comes at a price though...about $10. You need it if you want state funded health care.

They really don't do anything at the doctors office except urine screens, a pap smear, a breast exam and a bunch of paperwork.