Friday, October 17, 2008

Progress and Shower

First, a baby update. (Warning: if you don't like graphic info, you may want to skip this paragraph. Translation: Most males want to skip this paragraph. Which reminds me-why do women LOVE to talk about pregnancy?!?) My appointment this week was good again, but not overly good. I am now dilated to "3+" (official term my doctor used) and 60% effaced (from 50% last week.) So... not TOO much movement, but steadily in the right direction. My wonderful OB also told me that I'm getting softer, and she felt the baby's head... from inside, not through my belly. (THAT'S why that exam was so uncomfortable, to say the least.) She did say, however, that head was still a bit high, so no action 'til Amelie decides to move in downstairs. I've been given every piece of advice about walking, bouncing, sexing, and anything else that might encourage her to move down more quickly. I am quite excited and anxious, but not in a rush until it comes to November. (Although I will confess that this past week we did make very sure things were ready at home and packed for the hospital.) My doctor, Jeff and I all agree that early next week, like Monday or Tuesday, would be the perfect day for our schedules, so that's what we are all shooting for. :) (At this rate, though, I'm having my doubts.) Still NO pain in contractions or anything. We'll see!!!

As far as life goes, I had my first baby shower this past week-end. It was a pink open house thrown by my 2 sisters in law and my mother in law. It was so sweet-thanks guys! The food was great, turnout was great, and I had a lot of fun, not to mention all the adorable and practical presents I got. We're now only missing a few things for Amelie's arrival. (Like a crib mattress and some bottles-can you believe we have ZERO bottles? Or a breast pump and bath stuff if you're looking for ideas. (; ) I am having another shower tomorrow, thrown by my sisters and mom. I'm excited to see how it goes! My sisters are really fun about coming up with games and awesome embarrassing things to do. Showers are the best invention ever! Sincere thanks to all who planned, attended and have given gifts-everything has been really great!

As for Jeff, he's been doing some fun stuff at work lately. He's gotten to clear abandoned buildings downtown, watched protesters at conference. One day learning ground fighting techniques, his partner sprained Jeff's shoulder and they sent him to the hospital. Yesterday, he came home with a bruised nose, and today they practiced with paintball guns. He always does great at anything to do with shooting. (Runs in his blood, I think.) And then, of course, the rest of his life besides work and baby consist of football games, Jazz and his own Wednesday night ballin. Below is the best picture I could get before my camera died.



And me, well, I am basically inseparable from baby news-reading up, crocheting stuff and preparing things here keeps me quite busy. Here's a photo of the blanket I just finished for Amelie. Yay!

1 comment:

Kate & Omar Spilsbury said...

Sarah and I ate lunch together and afterwards she called me and said that you sent a text that you had your baby! How exciting - I wonder if you even made it to your baby shower. I am so happy for you. Love ya girl! Congrats!