Friday, January 22, 2010

Any day now... Knock on wood

So, at my 36 week doctor appointment (this past Tuesday,) my doctor told me that I was already 3.5 cm dilated. Woo! Jeff and I had placed bets (wagerless) on how dilated I'd be, cause I'd been having Braxton Hicks contractions for awhile. (I said 2.5, Jeff said 3.) So we were not surprised, but a little surprised it was that much. She said I was effacing, too, though not how much, and that little Alisa was in perfect head-down position. Knowing Amelie came early, and how far dilated I already was, she told me to come in quick if I started labor-not to worry about getting down to exactly 4 min between contractions, or anything like that. I'm afraid this got Jeff and I a little too excited-now waiting's been very difficult! She said she gave us a week and a half. (So, that'd be, what, by next Thur. or so?) We even discussed all the days she was on call, since she wasn't the one when Amie was born. Ha.
We ended up setting an elective inducement date because I was already so far into what's technically early labor. I never thought I'd go for inducement if not necessary, but for many reasons, I agreed. With my new job, a paid-for family vacation in March and being physically ready, I need to get back on my feet asap, so Feb. 8th is the day if I make it that far. (I'm guessing I will since we all expect it to be much sooner. :) )

As far as me, I'm sure getting sore and tired. Even though I was "sore" and "tired" throughout, it's majorly compounded now. I am so incredibly uncomfortable all the time-I never sleep through a night, or even close. I'm much, much bigger this time around. Here's a little proof.

This is a picture of me just a week before I delivered Amelie (about 36wks):

And here's one only THE DAY before I deliver Alisa (ok, I can dream right?) This is 36.5 wks:

If the difference in belly size doesn't shock you, you can at least appreciate the major difference in my face... The first? Great pregnant glow! This time around? FATIGUE... and a little more weight. :(

But, now I have to hurry and end this post, so I stop obsessing over going into labor! Fingers crossed, everybody!

2 comments:

Kate & Omar Spilsbury said...

Girl you are pregnant! Where are you going in March? BTW I will be in Utah at the end of April to beg. of May, I will have to come see the new kicker! Call me sometime.

The Miller Family said...

That's so exciting! You look beautiful girly! I can't wait to see pictures of baby Alisa! Hope she comes quick for you!