Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Mini Update

Well, another doctor appointment, another week without a baby! Today I went in, very curious to see how it was going after my last appointment. She reviewed "3+ cm, about 75% effaced, but still high up." And this week, she said "I can stretch you to a 4... about 70-80%" Not as encouraging as I'd hoped, but not too bad. She also said "I can still bounce the baby up, so she's not engaged yet." (I'd like to know, are those key words "stretch" and "bounce" the reason that exam was so painful?) Again she told me she's on call tonight and Sunday, if we could work that out. She did also tell me that if I make it to next week's appointment I need to bring my bag with me, she won't send me home if I'm at a 5. It's comments like that that get me all worked up to wait! I'd rather be prepared, though. No roadside deliveries for me, please.

Well, that's it. Another day. Maybe I'll get a shift in at work after all!

No comments: