Monday, January 25, 2010

Valentine's Day :)

Seeing as Alisa is due on February 15th, we thought we might not get much of a Valentine's Day and decided to do ours early.

I got tickets to see Carmen (the opera) on Jan. 18th for Christmas, so we decided to make that the night. We made reservations at a nice restaurant downtown that we'd been wanting to try, Christopher's, and it was only about 2 blocks from the theater. We had a DElicious meal that stuffed us to the brim (seriously, it hurt to breathe-not like there was much room in my torso to begin with.) We also got the prime table at the fireplace cause my dad made friends with the manager, which was awesome cause it was quite a windy, cold night.

It wasn't very busy that night, so we finished pretty quickly, but decided to just go over early rather than try to find parking again. It was Jeff's first opera, and my first time seeing Carmen-I'd been wanting to forever, as it's one of the most famous and I've sung quite a few pieces from it. We thoroughly enjoyed it! Props to Jeff-it's hard not to fall asleep during an opera, and this one was 3 hours long. Even after that huge meal, we both made it no prob. Although, I can't remember being so uncomfortable after that long in those chairs. As for the show, they were very talented and I was happy with it, though I did feel they should have danced more, or at least Carmen.

We had decided to give gifts on the actual Valentine's day, but once Jeff has a gift in his possession, he can't keep it in, so we've done that, too. Jeff got me a cute little stuffed puppy that was holding a rolled up fleece blanket (I don't know if you understand my love affair with blankets) and a gift card to Old Navy (I told him I just really wanted to go shopping.) It was just perfect! I got Jeff a box of Mrs. Cavanaugh's chocolates that I hand-picked, but only filled halfway. Then, I put a few other little things in the box I thought he wanted. We also got Amie a little box of chocolates, but she'll have to wait for Vday to get it (or at least until she's not so sick.)

Which brings me to a semi-unrelated point. We have all pretty much been miserable in my house. I'm huge and uncomfortable and have strep throat. Jeff had a day of scratchy throat, and that's about all he ever gets. Amelie, however, has officially been sick for almost 2 months now. Some things help, but she's never completely well. We're currently trying a run of antibiotics for strep throat, but she's developed a consistent cough and her nose never stops running. She's been sleeping a ton, and not eating or drinking much at all. It's kinda scary. The sad thing is that we took her off of a bottle about a week or two ago (cause our pediatrician kinda reprimanded us and said to do it before the next baby comes.) That isn't helping with hydration, but now that she's off, I don't want to start them again! If she stays this bad, I may try it just to get some milk in her. I've been trying every trick I can think of to get her to drink. We're thinking that if she's not improved after this run of antibiotics, we may have to ask for check on bronchitis or swine flu. Her fussiness and sleep schedule is enough to make us all crazy!
Really, I'm just hoping this all clears up before we bring Alisa home to it!

No comments: