Friday, July 8, 2011

Fourth Fun

I'm pretty sure that half of the people that read my blog are going to stop because I just (steal and) post THEIR pictures here... But how can I not when they take such great pictures of my kidlets? Photo credits in advance: Thanks Liss/Jason, mom, Marcie, Steph and maybe even a few Kaycee!

I thought we'd kick off the festivities early with a little trip to the splash pad at Liberty Park. My friend Marissa and her two kids joined us. I was totally patting myself on the back as mom of the year for providing such a great, fun day for them, arranging playmates, braving two girls by myself for errands, not to mention with no AC in my car. Turns out it was a little premature. Lisie didn't love the water section (which baffles me!) Amie did, but it is too large of a space to keep track of two kiddies that little in all the playgroundiness and millions of kids. After a few loss scares, a few cryings, hot-sidewalk-burnt feet and swapping of snacks, we decided it was time to turn in. We were actually there for well over an hour, but it didn't seem like it to me, since I didn't get to sit and read or visit like I wished. Oh well!

We got to join the crew in Delta this year for part of the weekend and had a grand old time! Our girls are now old enough to just love every minute of it AND they actually slept at night, so it was all around wonderful! We left home in the a.m. on Sunday after Jeff got off of work, and he slept in the car. We arrived and after a little settle in/visit time, we suited up and swam in the lake, i.e. I floated in the relaxation station.





Those cutie girls had a blast together!!

Then, after some lunch and reading, we (me and the girls, along with all the other girls plus Ty, Hunt and friend) went out onto Tonya's boat for a little knee board or tube action. Jeff wasn't in the mood, but I went with the girls, and most of the other moms and kids. I actually got Amelie on the tube! She lay on her tummy, and I lay next to her with my arms over her, both holding on. She acted like she wanted to go on, and said she had fun, but I'm not sure she actually enjoyed it. She couldn't lift her head up to see because of the life jacket she was wearing, so when we hit bumps, she'd hit the tube with her face.


Driving the boat!
Woops-Kylee and Marcie fell in!



Then, Steph and I thought it was a great idea to take Tanner and Alisa on together. Yeah, we went like a half a mile an hour! Tanner cried at first, but Lisie seemed to love it! She just relaxed, then when we got off, she turned right around and tried to crawl back out of the boat and back onto the tube. We spent a lot of time on the boat, and while Amie seemed ready to get off after a time, Alisa was in heaven, she just laid back and loved every second of the wind blowing through her hair.


That night, we watched Tangled, painted toenails, played games, read books, hung, visited, all that good vacation time stuff, as well as had a little Happy Birthday Dayna celebration.

The next morning, we went to the Delta parade, where the kids got TONS of candy, and it was a bit overcast, so it wasn't even miserably hot like every other 4th of July parade ever.




Steph thought she had to conduct the parade.






We headed out after that, and stopped in at my parents' for BBQ dinner and fireworks. We had a fun time there, swimming, eating LOTS, hanging, roasting marshmallows, playing ladder ball, and of course, fireworks. We had a pretty darn good show on our own, and then it seemed like ALL the neighbors had aerial fireworks, so we just sat outside and enjoyed for a long time, not even bothering to go to Thanksgiving Point, like originally planned. I ended up getting ash burning my one eye, then later a hunk of something fell and hit my other eye, bruising it. Not so fun!
Same confused face...






Love it! She couldn't get enough of us throwing her, even when she was shivering cold.


"I got chocodett!"




The kids thought it was super great that they got to bring the next fireworks out to Uncle Jason before they'd run away and he'd light them.


It was a great holiday weekend, and Jeff even had fun!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Wow, what a fun 4th weekend you guys had!