Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Missing July Moments

As always, Jeff had a post for the 24th of July parade, but new for us, was seating reserved for police families. You can believe we took advantage of that! We didn't have to go early, we had a great view, and we even scored great parking because of where Jeff was posted! We reserved some extra seats, but no one was able to go with us. (Amie had stayed at my mom's in a brainless moment of mine, so she wasn't there.) It was just me and Lisie, and my sister Mal joined us. Here is one of the few pics I took, I know you can't really tell, but it's the Prophet, Thomas S. Monson. Awesome!
For the rest of the 24th we hung out with the family at my mom's. There was lots of food (many products of my dad's favorite toy, his smoker,) swimming, games and tons o fireworks around. People went nuts this year!


Kennecott Copper mines has a visitors' center, a movie, and fun views, and this year they hosted a free day. We went, and of course it was busier than usual, but I enjoyed not having to pay. :) Here's the fam at the giant tire.
The girls enjoyed it, as they do anywhere new that gets them out of the house.
After this, we drove around and then ate lunch at a park. Just trying to take advantage of the summer days we have left!

No comments: