Sunday, August 14, 2011

NBP #3

We celebrated my birthday with the North's amidst our family staycation this year (but that will be a separate post.)
We had dinner at my mother-n-law's house of chowder and berry cake, YUM! (I just realized that's the only real cake I got for my birthday!) We hung out there and actually convinced everyone to stay and play a game for once! Jeff really wanted to buy this new game called A Game of Things... that ended up being really fun. We had lots of big (and a few inappropriate!) laughs out of it. I got some sweet cizz-ash and The Help for my birthday (I already finished it, So good!)
Then, my bro-in-law, Josh, usually takes the birthday person in question out to eat, so he and our little fam all went to Texas Roadhouse for a delish lunch.

Finally, my present from my sweet Jeffy was a ticket to see Josh Groban! I have missed his concerts so many times, and I swore I wouldn't let him come and go again without seeing him. When the tour first popped up, tickets were over $100 for nosebleeds, and I thought for awhile I would have to miss it for sure. Then, prices came down and my friend Jessica was going, so Jeff gave her the dollars to get us two seats together, for my bday present. I finally got to go see Josh Groban in concert last night, and I have to say, despite years of anticipation, he did NOT disappoint! It was kind of unreal, how his voice was the same, and even better, in person. That man can sing! He even had a mini stage in the back, so we got a closer look at him even though we were so far away. I appreciated that he'd said "I know you guys paid out the wazoo to be here, so I'm gonna make sure I sing my @$* off for you! I expected a pretty mellow show, but he was actually really funny, came out into the audience a lot, pulled people on stage, told jokes, took questions. One of the questions someone texted in was "Can you please sing some of Kanye West's tweets?" I guess Kanye West puts some pretty entertaining/ridiculous things up on Twitter, and apparently JG put some to song on a talk show. He did some for us, and they were hilarious! Each and every song he sang was amazing. He hit on most all of my favorites, but did not sing my #1 fave, it's not one of his radio hits or anything. All in all, it was a most excellent two hours. I even got choked up - but if you know me very well, you know that doesn't take tons.
Everytime I do something like that, it makes me miss singing so badly! I'm really glad I got the chance to go. Now, I'll just have to save for 600 years for the next time he comes back... if I save $1 every year, that will give me enough for a floor seat ticket! :)

No comments: