Saturday, August 6, 2011

Nikki Birthday Post #1 (w/Delta)

Really, I don't try to make my birthday a month-long affair every year, but it usually turns out that way... Therefore, I'll have to make a few installments.

For my birthday this year, my sister Jaimie got me a ticket to see South Pacific with her (The Opera Festival is during my birthday every year - awesome!) so I drove up to Logan on July 30th, picked her up and we saw the show, which was fun. We also killed some time at Old Navy's $4 swimsuit sale, where I scored a good one! Afterward, we went to an Italian place called Gia's for dinner (where Mal bought me a GC) which was delicioso! My favorite thing about that day, though, was probably spending 5 grown-up girl hours with my sister. We rarely hang out alone, and I had a blast. Thanks Jaim!

For the actual date of my bday, the Radcliffe clan went out to my in-laws' place in Delta. We arrived Sunday, and stayed a few days. Everyone was there except Mal and dad, even grandma Reed. My sis and Bro-in-law brought their boat for our boating and tubing pleasure, which almost everyone tried. We also swam, had a fire, played games and all that. The night of my birthday, we'd planned on having dinner at the steak house there, but as we arrived, we found out they are closed on Mondays... lamezor. There aren't many options out there, so we ate at the Delta Freeze. Always good. I had a really fun time with the fam those few days, and was really glad we were able to go - I even got some naps in, so it wasn't as exhausting as usual, plus random rain kept it cool enough, but didn't keep us outta the water!






Go mom!




No comments: