Wednesday, August 10, 2011

NBP #2

Usually, I spend a month or two before my birthday planning and replanning the best dinner spot or movie or event or whatever for my special day. I just don't know how, but my birthday totally snuck up on me this year. We originally had plans to go to Yellowstone with the in-laws, which happened to be over my bday so I didn't think much else about it. Then, that fell through, but MY family decided that was the best time to borrow the lake house for us, so we did that. The day before that trip was my dinner&show with Jaim, and for 3 days AFTER that, we did staycation with the in-laws. Finally, the night before all of that, Friday the 29th, I said to Jeff... wait, when are WE celebrating my birthday? And he called right then and got work off, a babysitter and took me to the Tuscany. We had a great date night there, with way too much food (free birthday appetizer of beef carpaccio, I got salmon, Jeff got pasta,) and delicioso desserts. (I had all decided on one, then they brought me a free birthday dessert, so I skipped my original choice, but Jeff got it... and it was even better than mine!)
No pics, of course, but I have to say that Jeff and I love going out to fancy places and pretending we're real live grown-ups.

No comments: