Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Alisa's Blessing

We blessed Alisa Danielle on April 18th in our ward. We had an excellent showing of friends and family-taking over the chapel! We had Alisa in the same beautiful blessing dress as Amelie (thanks again, mom!) and it will be worn on any other girls we may have. :) It came with a bonnet that I actually liked more than I thought, but my sister-in-law is a master bow maker, and she made a beautiful (and perfectly matching) bow that she wore for the actual blessing and through the day. We had a baked potato bar at our house afterward. I spent week cleaning and the night before wrapping 100 potatoes in foil and arranging them in the oven just so, so they'd all cook and Sunday morning wouldn't be frazzled. Excellent plan and good job for me... except that I forgot to turn on the oven before I left for church! I remembered out of nowhere about 15 or 20 minutes before sacrament ended so I rushed home and got to work. NOT awesome, but the real troopers stuck it out and had killer potatoes. (Plus my brother took off with the many many drinks and desserts my mom had made... he made it back with a few people there.)
During the mingling time, I got out a photo book with pictures of Amelie's blessing day, and my oh my, they look like identical twins at that age!! We couldn't believe it, because they really don't look much alike otherwise. Cute!

Wonderfully for us, there is a woman in our ward who writes shorthand, and she surprised us with a transcription of Amelie's blessing. We gave her a warning that it was coming and she said she'd do it again for us. Awesome! We love having it, and I know the girls will, too. (We'll have to have all our babies in this ward for that reason...)

The girl of the hour, patiently waiting.






Long day.

Rambo!

No comments: