Friday, November 5, 2010

Here are the pictures from actual Halloween weekend (it went for 3 weeks at our house...) Jeff and I were pirates, Amelie was sleeping beauty, and Alisa was a ballerina one night and a giraffe the other... just like Amie last year. ;)
On Saturday, I was worried about getting rained out, so I hauled the girls downtown by myself (Jeff was a few hours off a grave shift) to make sure they'd get some kinda candy. We took the train and went to Gallivan Plaza, where they had trick or treat booths, performances and cookies, masks and bags to decorate. It was fun, though they were a bit of a handful. (Literally the entire time people were-miss, you dropped this, miss, your baby..., ma'am, can I help you? Except never when I wanted help. I must have been a sight juggling my two girls, since I forgot my wedding ring that day and had a black eye!! Good times.


She didn't quite understand the mask thing...

She was so excited to take the pic, then when I out her down up there she was NOT happy!

Wanting to eat candy too... or just the wrappers.

Notice the empty space... Alisa ate hers plain right then and there. OK, with a little help from mom, but really only a LITTLE.


That night, we stopped by Jordan Landing for a short bout of ToT-ing before it started raining, then continued on to my mom's house. We had an excellent dinner, then trick or treated in her neighborhood. It's a good place, cause there are tons o kids.
Amie showing off her little costume namesake, with a ballerina in the background!
Party poopers.

Sucking on the corn cob!
She's in love with pumpkins for some reason.


My brothers went as Dr. Strobe Light (incomplete costume on the left) and Captain Epilepsy (on the right.) Don't be offended, he has a form of epilepsy. We all thought it was hilarious, and not to mention an amazing costume!

Finally, on Sunday, we had the annual Poynor Halloween Party. None of the pics I got were great, but I haven't gotten around to stealing from family blogs and facebook yet, so here ya go.





Those kids did NOT want to cooperate!

No comments: