Saturday, November 6, 2010

My first black eye

I've gotten numerous (but not tons) of inquiries about my little black eye. It looked really nasty, but you can't usually see it if my eyes are open, as the color lines up perfectly with my lashes.
I try to downplay it because I don't even have a cool story... just a black eye. I was getting up in the middle of the night (as usual) to feed Alisa, and was rushing (as usual) cause I didn't want her to wake up Amie. There were no lights on (as usual) and yet, for some reason this time I misjudged and ran (and I mean ran) right into my door frame. I hit it so hard I saw stars and cried. I stopped and sat down right where I was and by the time I got it together, Alisa was back asleep. (She does not usually just fall back asleep...) I had a huge goose egg that went about a half inch below the eye brow to almost an inch above it. It turned a light green then the very bottom went all blood-brown on me. That's all I have left there in the picture, it's almost gone. My glasses even suffered chipping in the glass and paint streaks on the frame. What can I say, I have a big head!

I always thought if I ever had a black eye, it'd sound much cooler. With how much it hurt, though, I hope to never have another black eye as long as I live!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This reminds me of the time I was running and I caught my hip on the doorframe. How, you ask? It must have been magic, or something. But it was painful magic. And it left a nice big bruise.

Ashley Dawn said...

I've only had about 3 in my life... 2 from playing soccer (standing on the defense line chatting, not playing) when the soccer ball nailed me in the face and one from hanging upside down over my friends shoulder and him kicking me in the face. It has been a while now though. Can't say I'd really want another one...

Liz Walker said...

Poor thing! I hope it goes away soon. You are beautiful no matter what :)