Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Potty-Training Chronicles, Vol. 1

Soooooooooooo... I believe I mentioned awhile back that we were attempting to potty train Amelie. This didn't really happen, we tried a few times on and off, and only failure. After many months, I thought maybe we (Jeff and I) just weren't making the effort like we should. After more than one time crying for her diaper, though, we gave it another long rest. This morning after I'd already dressed her and everything, almost on a whim, I took her (dry) diaper off to give it a shot. She wasn't telling me anything about potty-ing, and when nothing happened by after lunchtime, I started to wonder if she was tinkling in a corner or something that I didn't know about. We put on a movie after lunch and settled in, then I was jostled from my Beauty-and-the-Beast-induced trance by Jeff, who pointed out that Amie walked over to her froggy potty by herself, sat down and peed by herself without a word. She did this 3 more times through the day! As far as I know, she never missed, never had an accident, and never even asked-just did it on her own! She didn't even wet her diaper we put on for nap time. We did have a little incident with going number 2, but I noticed right away and rushed her to the potty. No cleaning up necessary, she just didn't do it herself or say anything to me. At bedtime, she was sad to trade her Belle panties for a diaper.

Not bad at all for her first day of potty-training! (this time) I'll take it! Let's hope it wasn't a fluke-stay tuned for Volume 2!

No comments: