Saturday, November 27, 2010

Tardy Memories

It occurs to me today that I never posted about my and Jeff's 3rd Anniversary. It was a hectic time for us, so it got lost in the shuffle.

We decided that we could only go on trips and do gifts every other year, otherwise we spend too much moolah. Since 2nd year was a cruise, we decided this would be a low-key anniversary year. We wanted to go to one of our favorites, Franck's, but it isn't open on Mondays, apparently. We didn't find this out until late in the planning game, so we ended up just going to Tucahno's, a Brasilian place. (We spent time together the whole day, but had the girls with us 'til then.) The plan was to go from there to a drive-in (I've never been) but we only liked one movie out of each of the combos, plus... while we were at dinner, I got the message that my grandfather passed away. I'd been at the hospital for 12 hours the day before, and when they took him off life support, but finally had to take my girls home around 3 or 4am. Needless to say, I wasn't terribly in the mood for a drive-in after that. So, we just grabbed the girls and a redbox and went home. We put the girls down and just watched a movie at home, and it was nice. The rest of that week was spent with family, having a viewing, funeral (I sang-well, sang half and cried half of Jesus, Lover of my Soul,) and the burial in Idaho. We also had a night at our condo with my family in between. Overall it was a very sweet experience. He was ready to go (been in the hospital since before our trip to Oregon) and was surrounded by family. I'm glad I got to be a part of it, and especially to be his granddaughter-he was a fiery, funny and yet easy-going soul. I miss him!

So, our anniversary was SO lost in the shuffle of things that Jeff and I can't even remember what we gave each other/got for presents. Amazing. Don't let this weaken your faith in my love and amazement for the awesome husband I have! This year was definitely that year where we started saying "It's only been 3 years now?" It feels like we not only have been together forever, but like we belong together forever. I'm so grateful for the man he is, and especially the husband and father he is to me and our girls. He serves us selflessly and always wants our happiness first. Happy late Anniversary, Jeffrey!!!

No comments: