Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Mal Weddin! - The shower

My little muffin sister Mallory got married last month to her boyfriend of a billion years, Travis. :)  I threw her a bridal shower with some help from Jaimie and mom.  We decided to go with the theme of "Hot and Spicy."  OF COURSE the SD card did not make it back into my camera before then, so I have NO pics.  Even the ones off my phone are gone since the charging port broke on that.
So, we held it at a park (cause we wanted to do fireworks... but we never found any good ones that early in the season) and I pretty much just made all the food.  We had buffalo wings, kielbasa skewers, stuffed jalapenos, chips and salsa, flamin fries, cinnamon bears, red hots... I know what you're thinking, too much spice? That's why we had milk, chocolate milk, and a load of TUMS.  We had spice cupcakes for dessert.

We did a Name That Spice, and the clothespin game, as well as Mad Lib vows (that was my favorite part).  Game prizes were the hot and spiciest novels I could find (haha!) and favors were a bottle of hot sauce and some sparklers.  Kids got sparklers and pop-its.  We had red, black, chili pepper decor, and the wind was out of control! At one point, we ended up clipping and tying all the gifts down so they wouldn't blow away with everything else.  Finally, I made a "Hot and Spicy" apron for Mal that we had everyone sign with a paint pen.  We had a good turn out and I thought it was pretty fun.  Mal got some super cute goodies and a nice kitchen haul.

Stay tuned for more wedding goodness!

No comments: